news Dutch

Sustainable rebuilding options in Nepal

Geschreven door Kira Kay op . Gepost in News - Dutch

Since before the April 2015 earthquake in Nepal I have been passionately researching & exploring practical, sustainable rebuilding options in Nepal that can be earthquake resilient and easy to build by local villagers as well being affordable lovely homes. I met Nripal Adhikary almost four years ago & have followed his developments of his company/training centre ABARI and now I partnering with them to rebuild in Nepal. These last two months have been a culmination of various visits in the communities and site visits to Nripal's buildings underway to convince Neel Shahi (TEAM Nepal) & local community leaders that this is a practical, sustainable way to help rebuilding in Nepal. I am happy to say we have a green light to go ahead smile emoticon Already this last week a joint project with ABARI & Stichting Sathsathai Mundi & HandswithHands e.V. in Timal, Kavre, slowly begins ... YES!! rebuilding in Nepal, safely, sustainably and with dignity - empowering local communities - is possible heart emoticon We can certainly use some further donation to really get this practical approach underway - many hands together build (literally!!) better futures heart emoticon
You can Help donate by:
1. By sending to our HwH German Bank account
Account name: Hands with Hands e.V.
Bank: GLS Gemeinschaftsbank eG
(address: Christstraße 9, 44789 Bochum, Germany)
IBAN: DE46 4306 0967 1135 8729 00
BIC: GENODEM1GLS
(receipt for tax within EU available if donations made to this account)
2. or Via PayPal, "send" funds to: kira@handswithhands.com
Video of our site visit to Rammed Earth buildings by Abari:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEFPM7knh0g