With delight I shared Dashain Festival with our children and family at our Bhaktapur Self Sustaining Children home in Sipadol village - For our non Nepal friends this is a special festival celebrated every year with the emphasis on families coming together and sharing blessings of well being and abundance while enjoying special food and laughter. There is also many…
Nepal is niet meer zo in het nieuws na de aardbeving van 2015 maar er is nog veel in beweging. De na-effecten van de aardbeving en de grensblokkade door India zijn nog altijd groot. De inflatiecijfers liggen officieel tussen de 7-10 % terwijl die in Nederland al jaren rond de 1% zit.
De prijzen van bouwmaterialen, land, levensmiddelen en school…
A wee glimpse into everyday life at our Bhaktapur Children Home on a Saturday, haircuts for the boys, a visit to the nearby Temple, some rice paddy planting and then hanging out talking and laughing and generally enjoying being together in our big family all together. We do things that any other Nepali family will be doing – simply we…
We are delighted that we have new beds – we did have to paint and repair but the basic structures are solid wood and good quality. Plus we now have all new mattresses and sheets and blankets. This will truly make a huge and positive difference in how we sleep and also a sense of security and peace. Thank you…
First day back at school for 2075 (Nepali year!) for most of our children - our youngest two and our children above class 10 all start back on Sunday. Today was a flurry of getting prepared, finding ties and socks but finally everyone was ready and Sarada gave everyone a blessings and reminder to utilise the school time well this…
Education and skills training empowers a person and is in our opinion one of the main pillars to alleviate poverty in our world. We can take it for granted in our western countries how much we have available to our children and youth and our involvement with schools and colleges here in Nepal and being part of the support to…
Our involvement in Nepal (now 18 years!) has truly informed us how much education makes a difference - to individuals, their community and the entire country. The past few days Kira attended the handover ceremony of Terse higher Secondary school in Talamarang village, Sindhulpalchok district. The celebrations included beautiful dancing and singing from our students and also some of our…
Under the guidance of Neel Shahi & TEAM Nepal our children continue to evolve and mature and of course develop culturally appropriate life skills during school holidays! Neel can be frequently found in the early mornings encouraging the children to engage actively in our organic farm and gardens! Oh and Neel's regular encouragement of the children to study well and…
We wish all our friends and families a very wonderful, joyful and happy Nepali New Year 2075! Our children from Annapurna Children home celebrated the New Year today with the 2nd year students from Manipal Medical Teaching college - who we thank very much for making such a nice program and fun for our children. Being such a big family…
1- Nepal acties 2017
In 2017 zijn er door vrienden van onze stichting verschillende acties georganiseerd waar we erg blij mee waren. We noemen er hier enkele. Indien je zelf ook denkt aan het opzetten van een actie laat het ons weten dan denken we met jullie mee. Mooi om jullie zo als achterban te mogen hebben en ontzettend bedankt voor…
- Rebuilding schools safely & empowering communities
- Building new boys room at Annapurna Children Home
- Empowering Women and Changing lives
- Study time at our Annapurna Children Home
- Cultural concert at our Bhaktapur Children Home
- Growing moments with our Annapurna Children Home
- Festival celebrations – Bhaktapur Children Home
- Our ongoing Earth & Bamboo rebuild initiatives
- Temporary schools still providing safe education
- Talamarang Children Home gardens are flourishing
- Celebrating Earth Day in Nepal
- Education is a privilege and gift for life. Help us provide the gift of education to our children.
- Celebrating Nepali New Year 2074 with Our Annapurna Children Home
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal april 2017
- Some school holiday fun!
- A heartfelt call out from Kira Kay
- Congratulations to Sibjan Chaulagain
- Eco-rebuilding earthquake resiliently - Part 2
- Microcredit does make a difference
- Eco-rebuilding earthquake resiliently - Part 1
- Our building collaborations
- Microcredit continued growth
- Our next rebuilding effort is about to get underway
- A truly special visit
- Celebrating Bhai Tikka during Tihar festival with our wonderful family
- Moving time at our Annapurna Children Home
- Dancing & Music classes for our Annapurna Self Sustaining Children Home
- Weekends are great for football playing & choco-banana pancakes
- Dashain festival at Bhaktapur
- Step by Step
- ICT for Agriculture – Sibjan in Sweden for intensive Social Entrepreneur training
- Next eco-friendly, earthquake resilient buildings are in planning progress
- Our Repairs are progressing at our Bhaktapur Children Home. Oh and a wedding!
- 8 schoolrooms at Narayansthan village in Kavre are now in use!
- Dining room, kitchen and Bio-gas upgrades at our Annapurna Children Home
- Many helping hands!
- Earthquake resilient houses -yes it is possible
- Narayansthan School building almost completed!
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal juli 2016
- Life is sometimes down & sometimes up - the cycles of life going round & round!
- Continuing growth and development in our microcredit project
- School Holiday outing with Children
- New Year – New buildings!
- Wonderful day visiting our children at Bhaktapur Orphan Home
- Henny Huveneers prachtige poëziekaarten
- Our next Microcredit outreach has begun!
- Our sustainable Rebuilding initiatives with Abari
- The repairs are steadily continuing at our Bhaktapur Children Home
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2016
- Repairs have started on our Bhaktapaur Children Home in Sipadol village
- Sustainable rebuilding options in Nepal
- Empowering local people & communities
- Our Student Hostel is now really being lived in!
- Setting up student housing hostel in conjuction with TEAM Nepal and Talamarang upper secondary school
- Distribution of essential college text books at Melamchi Valley campus
- Third Temporary school built in Sindhuli District
- Bhaktapur Self-Sustaining Children Home – upgraded temporary shelter.
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2015
- Temporary Schools in Sindhuli
- Revisiting our Bhaktapur Self-Sustaining Orphan Home
- Update From Kira in Kathmandu Valley & Sindhulpalchok District
- Medical support for women & children in Chitwan district
- 24,000 School Rooms destroyed
- Our Children Home in Sipadol Village
- Sindulpalchok district
- Thank you!
- Insights into situation in the field in Nepal
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2015
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2014
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2013
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Jan 2013
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2012
- Bhaktapur Self-sustaining Orphan Home
- Back in Nepal
- Annapurna Self-Sustaining Children Home
- Children News Update Annapurna March 2012
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2012
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Sept 2011
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2011
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Jan 2011
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Dec 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Sept 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal July 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2009
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal June 2009
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2009
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2009