Our involvement in Nepal (now 18 years!) has truly informed us how much education makes a difference - to individuals, their community and the entire country. The past few days Kira attended the handover ceremony of Terse higher Secondary school in Talamarang village, Sindhulpalchok district. The celebrations included beautiful dancing and singing from our students and also some of our…
Under the guidance of Neel Shahi & TEAM Nepal our children continue to evolve and mature and of course develop culturally appropriate life skills during school holidays! Neel can be frequently found in the early mornings encouraging the children to engage actively in our organic farm and gardens! Oh and Neel's regular encouragement of the children to study well and…
We wish all our friends and families a very wonderful, joyful and happy Nepali New Year 2075! Our children from Annapurna Children home celebrated the New Year today with the 2nd year students from Manipal Medical Teaching college - who we thank very much for making such a nice program and fun for our children. Being such a big family…
1- Nepal acties 2017
In 2017 zijn er door vrienden van onze stichting verschillende acties georganiseerd waar we erg blij mee waren. We noemen er hier enkele. Indien je zelf ook denkt aan het opzetten van een actie laat het ons weten dan denken we met jullie mee. Mooi om jullie zo als achterban te mogen hebben en ontzettend bedankt voor…
Our school college building in Gyaltham village Sinhulpalchock is almost complete – some electrical wiring and handles for doors and windows and then it will be is use as the next term starts after the upcoming elections. We are feeling thankful that this initiative which has been training local village workers how to build using compressed earth bricks and bamboo…
Our Annapurna Children home has continued to evolve and grow these past years. Our children are also growing! So we are currently underway with building a new room specifically to be 'home' to our boys, so that they have a comfortable and safe living place. We were renting some rooms in the house next door but the building was not…
From Kira Kay: almost 12 years ago I began a journey with a few women to explore if micro-credit (small loans) along with skills training can make a difference ... I was doubtful to begin with thinking that women who could barely feed their families would not be able to engage in such activities. Fast track to today and these…
We consider education to be a very important element of our children's development support. Having a good quality education gives them more options as they enter adult life. Especially as our children already have multiple disadvantages because of their early background a quality education can be a bridge to a better future. Each child is unique and has a potential.…
Nepal is very rich with culture even if economically poor. We encourage all our children to develop their cultural dance and singing experiences as this will benefit them in many ways into adult life and give them appropriate skills to integrate into their communities. Recent school holidays meant that our children choreographed and performed their own concert while Hands with…
With 35 children we do have many birthday celebrations in one year! We also encourage outings on school holidays to give our children a variety of experiences and views of their world. Our eldest girl is in her third year of nursing degree while our youngest start their first school year this year - in between we have both scholars…
- Festival celebrations – Bhaktapur Children Home
- Our ongoing Earth & Bamboo rebuild initiatives
- Temporary schools still providing safe education
- Talamarang Children Home gardens are flourishing
- Celebrating Earth Day in Nepal
- Education is a privilege and gift for life. Help us provide the gift of education to our children.
- Celebrating Nepali New Year 2074 with Our Annapurna Children Home
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal april 2017
- Some school holiday fun!
- A heartfelt call out from Kira Kay
- Congratulations to Sibjan Chaulagain
- Eco-rebuilding earthquake resiliently - Part 2
- Microcredit does make a difference
- Eco-rebuilding earthquake resiliently - Part 1
- Our building collaborations
- Microcredit continued growth
- Our next rebuilding effort is about to get underway
- A truly special visit
- Celebrating Bhai Tikka during Tihar festival with our wonderful family
- Moving time at our Annapurna Children Home
- Dancing & Music classes for our Annapurna Self Sustaining Children Home
- Weekends are great for football playing & choco-banana pancakes
- Dashain festival at Bhaktapur
- Step by Step
- ICT for Agriculture – Sibjan in Sweden for intensive Social Entrepreneur training
- Next eco-friendly, earthquake resilient buildings are in planning progress
- Our Repairs are progressing at our Bhaktapur Children Home. Oh and a wedding!
- 8 schoolrooms at Narayansthan village in Kavre are now in use!
- Dining room, kitchen and Bio-gas upgrades at our Annapurna Children Home
- Many helping hands!
- Earthquake resilient houses -yes it is possible
- Narayansthan School building almost completed!
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal juli 2016
- Life is sometimes down & sometimes up - the cycles of life going round & round!
- Continuing growth and development in our microcredit project
- School Holiday outing with Children
- New Year – New buildings!
- Wonderful day visiting our children at Bhaktapur Orphan Home
- Henny Huveneers prachtige poëziekaarten
- Our next Microcredit outreach has begun!
- Our sustainable Rebuilding initiatives with Abari
- The repairs are steadily continuing at our Bhaktapur Children Home
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2016
- Repairs have started on our Bhaktapaur Children Home in Sipadol village
- Sustainable rebuilding options in Nepal
- Empowering local people & communities
- Our Student Hostel is now really being lived in!
- Setting up student housing hostel in conjuction with TEAM Nepal and Talamarang upper secondary school
- Distribution of essential college text books at Melamchi Valley campus
- Third Temporary school built in Sindhuli District
- Bhaktapur Self-Sustaining Children Home – upgraded temporary shelter.
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2015
- Temporary Schools in Sindhuli
- Revisiting our Bhaktapur Self-Sustaining Orphan Home
- Update From Kira in Kathmandu Valley & Sindhulpalchok District
- Medical support for women & children in Chitwan district
- 24,000 School Rooms destroyed
- Our Children Home in Sipadol Village
- Sindulpalchok district
- Thank you!
- Insights into situation in the field in Nepal
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2015
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2014
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2013
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Jan 2013
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2012
- Bhaktapur Self-sustaining Orphan Home
- Back in Nepal
- Annapurna Self-Sustaining Children Home
- Children News Update Annapurna March 2012
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2012
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Sept 2011
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2011
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Jan 2011
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Dec 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Sept 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal July 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2009
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal June 2009
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2009
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2009