Our Children have regular dancing & music classes which will be great for Dwali festival that requires a lot of dancing and singing! The children now also have karate/self defense classes and it seems like they have a lot of fun as well giving our children more body consciousness. We continually explore how we can develop the potential of our…
Thank you everyone who have helped with funds for the repairs after earthquake - we are back in our home at Bhaktapur Self Sustaining Children Home, out of the tents finally! Still lots to repair on our home (flooring, electricity, plumbing, painting & more) however at least for the upcoming winter we will be warmer this year!! We believe it…
Dashain festival here in Nepal is a wonderful celebration of families coming together - on the 10th day the elders give a Tikka/blessings to younger members in the family symbolising good health, abundance & renewal of family/community ties. I celebrated with our Bhaktapur Orphan Home family in Sipadol village where we are now back in our Home newly structurally repaired…
We still have heaps of work to properly finish our home but the structural work is now complete - thank you so much to everyone who contributed to this!!! Dashain festival is upcoming and we are in our "home" for this important festival.
It's not completed yet, but we could not wait to move back to our home anymore. Lots…
Sibjan Chaulagain's important work developing communication of weather, markets news, disease management and more for rural farmers in Nepal has been recognised by Sweden Social Entrepreneur Forum as they invited him to be one of only eight selected participants worldwide for an intensive training program to further develop healthy social impact business initiatives. We are super proud of Sibjan, who…
We are well on the way with our plans for 2 school rooms and 3 (different) houses, designed by Abari, that will be built in Sindhulpalchok with Team Nepal's overseeing while Abari team facilitate on the job training so that we continue to expand the knowledge of safe rebuilding in earthquake impact areas. In progress is bamboo planting in local…
After the devastating damage from the 2015 earthquake it is such a relief to see our buildings' repairs progressing. We are thankful that we still have the Domo tents as our temporary home as our buildings are essentially being rebuilt from the inside out. It looks quite possible we will be inside the buildings for Dashain festival in October, although…
After several months of building and training local villagers in various adjoining VDCs in earthquake resilient building techniques the school rooms are now truly being used for their end purpose – safe and secure rooms for education of children! A big thank you to Sathsathai Mundi foundation with whom we collaborated with and to Abari team who provided the majority…
With our expanding family (we now have 33 children & 5 live in mothers) our daily needs have been also expanding. The last several months we have created a covered dining room that adjoins the kitchen, enabling expansion of the kitchen facilities and we have added in a chimney so that we can use indoor fire cooking instead of outside.…
Our Children at Bhaktapur Children Home are now cosy & secure ready for the monsoon as our building continues to be repaired - thank you Paulo & your friends for the work helping to make that happen!
I just love it when helping hands come together to make a difference - big thank you to Paulo & his friends who…
- Earthquake resilient houses -yes it is possible
- Narayansthan School building almost completed!
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal juli 2016
- Life is sometimes down & sometimes up - the cycles of life going round & round!
- Continuing growth and development in our microcredit project
- School Holiday outing with Children
- New Year – New buildings!
- Wonderful day visiting our children at Bhaktapur Orphan Home
- Henny Huveneers prachtige poëziekaarten
- Our next Microcredit outreach has begun!
- Our sustainable Rebuilding initiatives with Abari
- The repairs are steadily continuing at our Bhaktapur Children Home
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2016
- Repairs have started on our Bhaktapaur Children Home in Sipadol village
- Sustainable rebuilding options in Nepal
- Empowering local people & communities
- Our Student Hostel is now really being lived in!
- Setting up student housing hostel in conjuction with TEAM Nepal and Talamarang upper secondary school
- Distribution of essential college text books at Melamchi Valley campus
- Third Temporary school built in Sindhuli District
- Bhaktapur Self-Sustaining Children Home – upgraded temporary shelter.
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2015
- Temporary Schools in Sindhuli
- Revisiting our Bhaktapur Self-Sustaining Orphan Home
- Update From Kira in Kathmandu Valley & Sindhulpalchok District
- Medical support for women & children in Chitwan district
- 24,000 School Rooms destroyed
- Our Children Home in Sipadol Village
- Sindulpalchok district
- Thank you!
- Insights into situation in the field in Nepal
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2015
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2014
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2013
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Jan 2013
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2012
- Bhaktapur Self-sustaining Orphan Home
- Back in Nepal
- Annapurna Self-Sustaining Children Home
- Children News Update Annapurna March 2012
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2012
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Sept 2011
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2011
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Jan 2011
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Dec 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Sept 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal July 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2010
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal August 2009
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal June 2009
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal April 2009
- Nieuwsbrief Nepal Feb 2009